Sunday, November 29, 2020 - Sunday, December 06, 2020
Welcome To First Baptist Dresden
We hope First Dresden can be a place where you connect with God and with others like you. Our hope is to help you grow in your relationship with Jesus, to help you build community in our church family, and to equip you to go and share the love of Jesus in our community and the world.
Having been led, as we believe by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, And on profession of faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, We do now, in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love, to strive for the advancement of the church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; To promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines; To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; To walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicationg drinks as a beverage; to use our influence to combat the abuse of drugs and the spread of pornography; and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; To remember one another in prayer; to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; To be slow to take offense; but always ready for reconcilliation, and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word.
How Do I Become a Christian?
So many of us find ourselves in today’s society running through the motions of life, feeling as if we have no direction – no PURPOSE. We have so many worries in this life and sometimes feel that we simply can’t keep our head above water. It is so easy for us to think that we have simply sinned too much to truly be forgiven. So many of us just look at our own lives and believe that there is no way a God exists that is going to forgive me of the sins that I have committed.
We can read in the Bible of how God just loves to take sinners and change their life; loves to take people with no hope and change them for the glory of God.
He took a murderer like Moses to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt; He took an adulterer like David and made him the greatest King for the nation of Israel and “a man after God’s own heart”; He took someone who denied the Son of God face-to-face like Peter and tapped him to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ on the day of Pentecost and win thousands to the Lord; He took a Christian persecutor and changed his life to bring the gospel to all the nations!
And, you know what? Jesus can change your life too! Guess what? He WANTS to change your life! If you’ve done things that you think nobody could forgive you of, Jesus is opening up the gift of eternal life to you freely TODAY. All of this may seem completely foreign to you and you might not understand “how” to accept Christ. You may even think that it sounds silly or weird. We understand. But we want you to grasp this truth. Your decision to either accept or reject Christ is THE MOST IMPORTANT decision in your LIFE!
According to the Scriptures, you need to do the following to accept Jesus Christ:
1. Admit that you have sinned against God and His Laws: You must confess unto the Lord that you have lived a life of sin. It says in Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fell short of the glory of God." There is no one, except Christ Himself, who has escaped the snare of sin.
2. Understand the result of sin: What is the penalty for sinning against God’s laws? Romans 6:23 says that “the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus.” You see, the punishment for sin is death or eternal separation from God. That is why sin is such a big deal.
3. Believe in your heart that Christ Jesus is Lord: Guess what? God has made an answer for sin in our lives, and that is Jesus Christ! God’s Word speaks to us through Romans 5:8 saying “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this, while we were still sinners Christ died for us." God sent Christ to the world to save us from our sins, even when we didn’t deserve it. And the Scriptures tell us that “if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved (Romans 10:9)! Jesus told us himself that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have eternal life!
4. Commit your life to Christ: Once you have believed in your heart that Christ Jesus is Lord, you must commit your life to living according to His will. You must leave your old lifestyle behind, repent of your sins, and face your new life in Christ with joy and devotion. Paul the Apostle encourages us in Ephesians 5:1 to be “imitators of God as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God..”
If you don’t know Christ Jesus as your LORD and SAVIOR, just pray this prayer right now to accept Jesus into your life today:
Heavenly Father, I believe Jesus came and died for me. I know that He is the Son of God and I want Him to be my redeemer, my God, my Lord, and my Savior. I confess to you that I am a sinner! Father God, forgive me of my sins and wash me in the blood of Jesus. Make me a new creature in Christ Jesus. Change my life, Oh God. Create within me a new heart, patterned after your will and not my own. Use me to be a witness to others in this world about the change that you have made in my life and the Good News that Jesus brings. In Christ’s Name, AMEN!
If you prayed that prayer to accept Christ, please let us know by emailing us at . We will gladly celebrate your salvation with you.
It is important for you to contact other Christians who can help you grow as a Christian through encouragement and support. This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Jesus Christ. To grow in Christ, you should do a few things:
1. Follow Him in believer’s baptism.
2. Maintain a regular intake of the word of God.
3. Talk to God in prayer every day.
4. Tell others about your new faith in Christ and let him shine through your actions.
5. As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
To deepen the relationship with Jesus and with other Christians further, you should join a church in your area. We invite you to join our congregation of believers as we pursue the truths of God and his word every week together. As much as we would love to have you come to our church, we understand that you may want to attend other congregations. We just hope and pray that Christ leads you to find a congregation that is loving, encouraging, and uplifts your discipleship in Christ.
Are you looking for a church family?
CHURCH OBJECTIVES First Baptist Church believes that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the sole authority for faith and practice, and acknowledges its adherence to all the teachings of Jesus Christ. The purpose of this church is to:
1. Conduct regular services of public worship;
2. Proclaim earnestly the Gospel message and to urge personal acceptance;
3. Cooperate heartily by prayer, gifts, and service in the effort to establish the kingdom of God throughout the world;
4. Promote systematic Bible study and training, and to encourage in every way life enlistment in some form of religious activity;
5. Secure as far as possible the practice of true religion and Christian philanthropy (James 1:27) as revealed and taught in the Holy scriptures.
HOW TO JOIN FBC At the end of each service on Sunday, an invitation is given for accepting Christ as Savior and for membership in the church. This opportunity is given during the singing of an invitation hymn and at the direction of the pastor. Simply walk down to the front and tell him of the decision you wish to make. First Baptist Church accepts members in the following ways:
1. "By Profession of Faith and Baptism." You accept Christ into your heart as your personal Savior and Lord. You may be baptized at the next baptismal service and then you will be a member of the church.
2. "By Letter from Another Baptist Church." If your membership is in another Baptist church of like faith and order, this church will write them for a letter of recommendation. All you need to do is state the name and address of the church where you now hold membership.
3. "By Statement." Occasionally, for one reason or another, you are a member of a Baptist church and no record is available. If this be the case, you may be accepted on your own statement that you are a Christian, have been baptized in a Baptist church and desire to be a member of this church.
4."From Another Denomination." If you are a member of another denomination, you may come by profession of faith and have the Ordinance of Baptism administered to you. Then you will be a member.
We’re glad you’re here and want to help you connect, find a small group, and get to events for you and/ or your family.