So many of us find ourselves in today’s society running through the motions of life, feeling as if we have no direction – no PURPOSE. We have so many worries in this life and sometimes feel that we simply can’t keep our head above water. It is so easy for us to think that we have simply sinned too much to truly be forgiven. So many of us just look at our own lives and believe that there is no way a God exists that is going to forgive me of the sins that I have committed.
We can read in the Bible of how God just loves to take sinners and change their life; loves to take people with no hope and change them for the glory of God.
He took a murderer like Moses to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt; He took an adulterer like David and made him the greatest King for the nation of Israel and “a man after God’s own heart”; He took someone who denied the Son of God face-to-face like Peter and tapped him to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ on the day of Pentecost and win thousands to the Lord; He took a Christian persecutor and changed his life to bring the gospel to all the nations!
And, you know what? Jesus can change your life too! Guess what? He WANTS to change your life! If you’ve done things that you think nobody could forgive you of, Jesus is opening up the gift of eternal life to you freely TODAY. All of this may seem completely foreign to you and you might not understand “how” to accept Christ. You may even think that it sounds silly or weird. We understand. But we want you to grasp this truth. Your decision to either accept or reject Christ is THE MOST IMPORTANT decision in your LIFE!
|According to the Scriptures, you need to do the following to accept Jesus Christ:
1. Admit that you have sinned against God and His Laws: You must confess unto the Lord that you have lived a life of sin. It says in Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fell short of the glory of God." There is no one, except Christ Himself, who has escaped the snare of sin.
2. Understand the result of sin: What is the penalty for sinning against God’s laws? Romans 6:23 says that “the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus.” You see, the punishment for sin is death or eternal separation from God. That is why sin is such a big deal.
3. Believe in your heart that Christ Jesus is Lord: Guess what? God has made an answer for sin in our lives, and that is Jesus Christ! God’s Word speaks to us through Romans 5:8 saying “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this, while we were still sinners Christ died for us." God sent Christ to the world to save us from our sins, even when we didn’t deserve it. And the Scriptures tell us that “if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved (Romans 10:9)! Jesus told us himself that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have eternal life!
4. Commit your life to Christ: Once you have believed in your heart that Christ Jesus is Lord, you must commit your life to living according to His will. You must leave your old lifestyle behind, repent of your sins, and face your new life in Christ with joy and devotion. Paul the Apostle encourages us in Ephesians 5:1 to be “imitators of God as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God..”
If you don’t know Christ Jesus as your LORD and SAVIOR, just pray this prayer right now to accept Jesus into your life today:
Heavenly Father, I believe Jesus came and died for me. I know that He is the Son of God and I want Him to be my redeemer, my God, my Lord, and my Savior. I confess to you that I am a sinner! Father God, forgive me of my sins and wash me in the blood of Jesus. Make me a new creature in Christ Jesus. Change my life, Oh God. Create within me a new heart, patterned after your will and not my own. Use me to be a witness to others in this world about the change that you have made in my life and the Good News that Jesus brings. In Christ’s Name, AMEN!
If you prayed that prayer to accept Christ, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will gladly celebrate your salvation with you.
It is important for you to contact other Christians who can help you grow as a Christian through encouragement and support. This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Jesus Christ. To grow in Christ, you should do a few things:
1. Follow Him in believer’s baptism.
2. Maintain a regular intake of the word of God.
3. Talk to God in prayer every day.
4. Tell others about your new faith in Christ and let him shine through your actions.
5. As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
To deepen the relationship with Jesus and with other Christians further, you should join a church in your area. We invite you to join our congregation of believers as we pursue the truths of God and his word every week together. As much as we would love to have you come to our church, we understand that you may want to attend other congregations. We just hope and pray that Christ leads you to find a congregation that is loving, encouraging, and uplifts your discipleship in Christ.
Deuteronomy 20:1 (NKJ)
"When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots I and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God I is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.
Click here to read more!