First Baptist Church believes that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the sole authority for faith and practice, and acknowledges its adherence to all the teachings of Jesus Christ. The purpose of this church is to:
1. Conduct regular services of public worship;
2. Proclaim earnestly the Gospel message and to urge personal acceptance;
3. Cooperate heartily by prayer, gifts, and service in the effort to establish the kingdom of God throughout the world;
4. Promote systematic Bible study and training, and to encourage in every way life enlistment in some form of religious activity;
5. Secure as far as possible the practice of true religion and Christian philanthropy (James 1:27) as revealed and taught in the Holy scriptures.
HOW TO JOIN FBC
Usually at the end of each service on Sunday, an invitation is given for accepting Christ as Savior and for membership in the church. This opportunity is given during the singing of an invitation hymn and at the direction of the pastor. Simply walk down to the front and tell him of the decision you wish to make. First Baptist Church accepts members in the following ways:
1. "By Profession of Faith and Baptism." You accept Christ into your heart as your personal Savior and Lord. You may be baptized at the next baptismal service and then you will be a member of the church.
2. "By Letter from Another Baptist Church." If your membership is in another Baptist church of like faith and order, this church will write them for a letter of recommendation. All you need to do is state the name and address of the church where you now hold membership.
3. "By Statement." Occasionally, for one reason or another, you are a member of a Baptist church and no record is available. If this be the case, you may be accepted on your own statement that you are a Christian, have been baptized in a Baptist church and desire to be a member of this church.
4."From Another Denomination." If you are a member of another denomination, you may come by profession of faith and have the Ordinance of Baptism administered to you. Then you will be a member.
Genesis 31:53 (NIV)
May the God of Abraham and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, judge between us." So Jacob took an oath in the name of the Fear of his father Isaac.
Click here to read more!